Sunday 22 August 2021

Nissan GTR Nismo at Castle Combe with Car Chase Heroes Part Five






My final drive of the day at Castle Combe was the Nissan GTR Nismo.
This presents a couple of firsts for the Blog. 
1. This is the first Asian car I have driven for the blog.
2. I have driven a hot rod but not a modified sports car. This one is modified and the engine has been tuned.
The Nissan GTR (R35) was designed by the team of Hirohiso Ono (Exterior),  Akira Nishimura (Interior), Hiroshi Hasegawa (Chief Designer) and Shiro Nakumura (Design Director) and debuted at the Tokyo Motor Show in 2007 has gone on to become an iconic sports car.
This car comes with a the 3.8 litre V6 twin turbocharged engine. At the hermetically sealed factory in Yokohama these are hand built by 4 specially trained mechanics called Takumi Craftsmen. Their names are on every badged GTR engine. This is coupled a six speed semi automatic gearbox and all wheel drive.
This car however is not a factory spec car, this one has a Liberty Walk wide arch body kit, canards and wings, it has a custom air ride kit and an engine tuned to 675bhp. This has a 0-60 in 2.5 seconds and a top speed of 203mph.



Below is the video of my drive around Castle Combe.








To conclude about this car quite simply it's bonkers. The noise, acceleration and grip are amazing. You hear the gear changes but don't feel them as the car goes up and down the gearbox.
I drove as flat out as I could, over 120mph ,did not bin it and had a ton of fun.
Having never driven a tuned or modified car before I think I've started with the best, unless you know of a better one I can drive.
Let me know how you think I did in the comments.
I would like to thank Tom and everyone at the the Car Chase Heroes team and all of the staff at Castle Combe for making sure I had a day to remember.

For more information about Car Chase Heroes, U Drive Cars and Castle Combe please visit









 

1 comment:

  1. That looks like FUN Nick! Glad u had great weather too....in the final photo couldn't help but notice the yellow Lamborghini Gallardo sneaking up behind you!!

    ReplyDelete