Sunday 7 August 2022

2021 Aston Martin Vantage at Castle Combe, a Car Chase Heroes Drive

 


My next drive of the day was the 2021 Aston Martin Vantage
The last time I drove an Aston Martin was at Goodwood and it was a Series I DB4, so this will be hugely different to drive. 
This Aston Martin comes equipped with a twin turbo 4 litre V8 engine that produces 503bhp and a top speed of 190mph. The engine in these cars are made by Mercedes AMG.





I get in, comfortable and get used to the cockpit. This car is very stylish and modern looking, the dash is easy to read and the control panel is easy on the eye.. The interior is black with green highlights and the seats have matching green stitching as well as the Aston Martin logo. For this trip around Castle Combe, I'm joined by Barry.
To start the car, you put turn the key, put your foot on the break, press the start button and the engine comes to life. Its a unique sound to Aston Martin and I love the noise this car makes.
Pull the right paddle behind the steering wheel to engage first gear, take your foot off the the break and you are away. With the Vantage, there is no lifting between gear changes and makes this car easier to drive than the Lamborghini.
The photo's taken by the professional shows me overtaking a white Porsche and are not the best photo's.
Luckily for me this was the one car drive where the video footage recorded.


My video of the drive.


There are lots of reasons to like this Aston Martin Vantage, it looks and sounds fantastic, it handles beautifully, the steering and breaks are sharp and the ride is comfortable. I really enjoyed my time behind the wheel but I feel that a better drive is to come from me in this Aston somewhen in the future. I did however enjoy flooring it and overtaking the Porsche.







No comments:

Post a Comment